Tuesday 21 October 2014

And yet another diwali!

It's festival time again! The year has gone by so quickly. A year ago, at this time , I was so excited about diwali. Then again, in the hustle bustle, busy life,everything forgotten. It seems i had forgotten the pleasure, the fun, the excitement. But once again, today, as I lit my home with diyas, as I put rangoli to welcome the goddesses, I realised how exciting this festival can be! Diwali! Everyone seems to enjoy this festival. There's something for each one of us. Some love crackers. Some love the sweets made by dadi. Some of us love decorating our home. If i had to choose a favourite, it would definitely be the diyas on the window sills. Rangoli. Learning sweets from grand mom. It just gives an inexplicable pleasure. I don't know why. What's the fun? In lighting diyas across all window sills? The sight of it. So beautiful! So soothing! And then again the beautiful rangolis! Are we really welcoming the gods and goddesses? I don't know. I am not much of a believer in god. It's a complicated topic for me. But there's something about diwali. Gifting sweets. Meeting family. I'm again, not a very social person. But this festival is different. It's just so festive! Roaming outside, in the streets, to see all the houses, the shops. Some lit in yellow light, some pink, some blue, some all colourful! Wow. Waiting for family and friends, staying a thousand miles apart. Finally meeting them. The world feels different. Today, again, after a crazy busy year, feeling nostalgic, I realise, how important festivals are, how exciting traditions are, and how amazing it feels to keep following them.

No comments:

Post a Comment